- This event has passed.
Find Inner Peace with Mindfulness Meditation and More
May 12, 2018 @ 8:00 am - 10:00 am
Why participate in a mindfulness meditation group?
Because the science behind this age-old practice is finding that meditation is about so much more than blissing out and being able to clear your mind of all conscious thought. Blissing out with a clear mind is fabulous for me on most days but then there are other days I need more. On those days I make my practice about being better at being me – in all of my roles: entrepreneur, wife, friend, boss, sister, speaker, author, radio host and artist.
Meditation training improves a wide range of skills, including attention, focus, stress management, impulse control and self-awareness. It changes both the function and structure of the brain to support self-control and personal development – self-actualization.
What will a mindfulness meditation practice do for you?
Plenty if you make it a practice. Whatever drives you to meditate is perfect for you. Ultimately, you’ll get the benefits you seek. Understand that they’ll come to you in direct proportion to your your consistency and commitment to building your practice. I encourage you to practice not just for one particular reason, but for the sake of the practice itself. You eat, shower and sleep daily. If you practice meditation like this you’ll be much more likely to stick with it. That said, even a little meditation is better than no meditation.
Improve your mind
- Cultivate willpower
- Build greater focus and concentration
- Boost cognitive function
- Reduce depression
- Reduce loneliness
- Ease stress and anxiety
- Decrease emotional reactivity
Change your body
- Decrease pain
- Boost immune system
- Lower blood pressure
- Ease inflamation
- Reduce risk of heart attack and stroke
- Physically change the brain
- Improve sleep
- Foster a healthy body image
Connect with your spirit
- Build self awareness
- Increase compassion
- Improve empathy
- Cultivate greater relationship satisfaction
- Connect to deeper faith and spiritual focus
Doors open at 7:30am to get acquainted, grab a drink and get settled. All material and supplies will be provided.
Join me from 8-10am for a morning of exploring Mindfulness, Meditation and More.
Too busy to get into a mindfulness meditation practice…
I meditate several times daily – it’s true (read more).
You should sit in meditation for twenty minutes every day; unless you are too busy, then you should sit for an hour. ~ Zen Saying
Perfect for you if…
- You work in a high stress industry.
- You’ve experienced recent changes in your life (retired, divorced, married, new family, empty nesting, kid off to college, etc.)
- You need a break from your family – I promise, no one will call you “Mom”, “Dad” or have a “Honey-Do” list for you while you’re here.
- You realize you need regularly scheduled “Me” time to be at your best for your loved ones – no guilt.
- You’ve never meditated before, have tried it once or twice, are an old hand at it or you’re interested in learning new techniques to add to your practice.
- 3 Meditation methods — each workshop will focus on 3 unique methods of Mind-Body-Spirit connection.
- How your inner world is a reflection of your outer world and vice versa.
- How focus and mindfulness are practically going extinct in our limited-attention-span-over-connected-social-media-dependent-do-more-with-less-frenetic-paced-world.
- The power of your creative consciousness when harnessed appropriately to improve health, healing, wealth, relationships, career and business outcomes.
- A profound sense of peace and well-being.
Limited to 20 participants
Wear comfortable clothing. Bring a bottle of water. We’ll be on the floor, seated or standing for various meditations – consider a yoga mat or towel to lay on. You may want to limit your caffeine intake prior to workshop.
Suggested Donation – $10-$20