Looking for a way to resolve some of those old negative emotions, or help with some illness, injury or infirmity? Here is a quick EFT lesson. Try it and let me know what you think.
- Choose a problem or challenge
- Tune in and rate the intensity of the negative feeling, on a scale from 0 to 10
- Begin the procedure
- Repeat affirmation 3 times while rubbing the “Tender Spot” or tapping the “Karate Chop Point”
- Say, “Even though I have this problem (insert your problem here and be very specific), I deeply and completely love and accept myself.”
- Reminder phrase
- “This problem” (insert your problem here and again be very specific)
- Tap EFT Tapping Points beginning at the top of had and moving down with each statement.
- Tap all points 6-7 times, going through 2-3 rounds.
- Tune in again, rate feelings and note any changes
- Stay with original issue even if new thoughts arise; write them down for another session
- Repeat Step 3 using the new affirmation until you are at a zero (Emotional Freedom)
- “Even though I have some of this remaining problem (insert your problem here and be very specific), I deeply and completely love and accept myself.”
Remember to keep tapping; persistence is one of the keys to using EFT successfully. Zero means you no longer feel any negative physical or emotional load on the issue. If you are working on a memory, it should feel neutral; you can remember it without any discomfort.
If you are interested in training as an EFT practitioner? Email [email protected] for more information.