One of our favorite dinners around the Rinaldi household – when takeout just doesn’t feel right and I flat out am not going to cook – is baguette rounds, olives, cheese and a bit of fruit. For me, this is heaven. It’s quick, simple and doesn’t require making a mess of the kitchen.
Other ways to enjoy baguette rounds:
- Fig jam, gruyere and baby arugula
- Toasted with a rubbing of fresh garlic, ripe tomato and a drizzle of olive oil
- Slathered in olive oil, sprinkled heavily with pecorino Romano cheese, coarse grated black pepper and a few chunks of oil packed sardines on top
- A smear of pesto and sliced hard-boiled egg
- Toasted and a light smear of fresh, mashed, ripe avocado, a squeeze of lemon and slices of cold, poached shrimp
- Unsalted butter, minced cornichons, and thin slice dry salami
- And when all else fails – a good slathering of peanut butter and jelly.
Give some of these a try, let me know what you think.