Better Snack Choices Require Planning
With the start of a new year, many of us are trying to reverse the damage of our holiday revelry. While I actually dropped a few pounds this holiday season, I ate waaaaaay too much refined sugar and processed food. So, now I’m feeling sluggish, bloated and find that I’m craving sugar and carbs in an unhealthy way (I actually found a recipe for pasta with potatoes and thought a side of garlic bread would be a great addition! I didn’t do it, I paired it as a side with grilled chicken and upped the green bean quotient – healthier option and yum!)
While I usually keep pretty healthy snacks on hand. If you’re anything like me, you’re going to go with the path of least resistance – we’re busy, I get it. So if there’s candy, chips, cookies and the like readily available, that’s where I’m going to head – especially if I’m already hungry. Proving again – when you fail to plan you plan to fail.
Simple Options Make Better Snack Choices –
KISS (Keep it Simple Sweetheart)
What’s my current plan of attack?
- Raw unsalted nuts. High in protein and healthy fats. They add antioxidants and fiber to your diet.
- Dried apples. Chewy and sweet. I kind of have to limit these they are slightly addictive.
- Energy bars. I prefer Kind Bars because I can choose from protein, fiber, antioxidants, and other health benefits. They are natural and taste fabulous. Pomegranate Blueberry Pistachio bars are my current favorite.
- Parmesan cheese. I actually like to pair this shredded over popcorn and add a little ground pepper.
- Almond butter. Justin’s Honey Almond Butter is a delectable treat and a tablespoon all by itself is often all it takes to curb my hunger.
Lets’ make better snack choices together:
Let my Health & Wellness mp3 Meditations make it easier for you
copyright kimberly rinaldi
What do you like to snack on?